Company number: 11397900
At Picnic Recruitment Limited, we want you to know that we are serious about privacy and data protection. We always have and always will do our very best to make sure that we have suitable policies in place to make sure we are doing everything we can to keep your data secure.
As a recruitment business that offers work finding services we rely on gathering personal data from/about both candidates and clients in order to complete our work to a high standard. It’s because of this that we recommend you read the following information which explains how and why we gather personal data.
Picnic Recruitment Limited
Gathering your Personal Data
Listed below are the types of data that we might collect about you. These include:
- Name and age
- Contact details such as phone numbers, email addresses and home addresses
- Employment history including salary details
- Education and qualifications
- Health information (Equality Act 2010)
- Diversity information (equal opportunities)
- Criminal convictions
- Curriculum Vitae
- References to verify qualifications / employment history
- Information regarding your right to work in the United Kingdom
There are numerous ways that we gather your personal data. These are listed below.
Personal data you voluntarily give to Picnic Recruitment Limited
This includes any personal data that you have freely chosen to give to us. This could be via www.picnicrecruitment.com, any email address or phone number associated with Picnic Recruitment Limited or any data passed directly from you to us in person. This also includes any personal data you send to us via a social media account for example (but not limited to) LinkedIn.
Personal data that Picnic Recruitment Limited may gather about you
This can include any personal data that is given over the phone, through www.picnicrecruitment.com or via email. It also includes any personal data that you have given us by filling in forms that have been sent to you by email or given to you in person. If you register your details on www.picnicrecruitment.com or take part in discussions on social media platforms, this is also included here.
Personal data gathered from your use of www.picnicrecruitment.com
Whereby this is not usual practice at Picnic Recruitment Limited, occasionally we may use IP addresses in order to track users’ movements or analyse different trends at particular times. Please note, IP addresses aren’t linked to data that is personally identifiable.
Personal data that may be received or gathered from third parties or other sources
How Picnic Recruitment may use your Personal Data
Outlined below is the legal basis for data protection laws which we rely on. We have also listed the purposes for which we use your personal data
When we pursue our legitimate interests as a business, we may use your personal data as necessary
- For prospective candidates, interim managers, referees and clients, using your personal data is necessary as we need the information in order to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients and referees.
- In order to support candidates and their career aspirations as well as our clients resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
- If you are shortlisted as a candidate, then this may involve the processing of more detailed personal data including sensitive data such as health information that you or others provide about you. In that case we always ask for your consent before undertaking such processing.
- For clients, we may also rely on our processing being necessary to perform a contract for you, for example in contacting you
You have provided Consent
We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so for the following purposes:
From time to time, we may contact you via email, text or phone with marketing information about our services, or if you are applying for a particular job which requires us to process your personal data.
You have and always will have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data in any way. To do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining what you would like us to do and we will respond accordingly.
Data Anonymisation and Use of Aggregated Information
Your information may be converted into statistical or aggregated data in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from it. Aggregated data cannot be linked back to you as a person. We may use this data for analytical and research purposes.
Ways your Personal Data may be shared
Should Picnic Recruitment Limited ever be sold or any part of Picnic Recruitment Limited sold to any third party, your personal data may be transferred with the sale. This may also occur if there is any kind of business restructure. We may also transfer your personal data if under duty to share it to comply with the law or to help detect or report a crime. However, we will always work to the best of our ability to ensure that your personal data is protected
Time Period that your personal data is kept for
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need it for legitimate business interests and as long as you’re happy for us to do so. We will routinely remove personal data that we no longer have a legitimate interest in keeping. Personal data will be kept no longer than 4 years from the date of the last contact.
If you would like your personal data removing sooner, you have and will always have the right to have it removed. To do this, please email email@example.com stating what you would like us to do and we will reply accordingly.
Security and links to other sites
Unfortunately, the transmission of information on the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we put in place reasonable and appropriate controls to ensure that it remains secure against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy does not apply to those other websites‚ so we encourage you to read their privacy policies. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links that we provide. In addition, if you linked to our website from a different website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party website thoroughly.
Marketing at Picnic Recruitment Limited
We may periodically send you information that we think you may find interesting, or to ask for your help with connecting other candidates with jobs. We may wish to use your data for the purposes listed below, where appropriate and in accordance with any local laws and requirements. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. To:
- enable us to develop and market other products and services;
- market our full range of recruitment services to you;
- send you details of reports, networking and Client events, and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you;
- display promotional excerpts from your details on our websites as a success story (only where we have obtained your express consent to do so).
Personal Data and your rights
With regards to your personal data, you have a number of rights under data protection law. At times, we might have to ask you for information in order to confirm your identity and sometimes to help us search for your personal data.
You have the following rights.
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Policy
- The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information if we’re are using it
- You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future
- The right to data portability. You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing
- The right to withdraw your consent. Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your UK data protection regulator. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information
As this policy may change in time, we recommend you regularly check it to make sure you are always happy with how we are handling your personal data. If there is any part of this policy that you do not agree with it is very important that you make Picnic Recruitment Limited aware immediately and stop using our services